EveryMoveCounts campaign has started in January 2022. The campaign aims to inform the higher education students of the Helsinki metropolitan area about the benefits of daily movement for well-being and study ability. The goal is to increase and reinforce the students’ awareness of the significance of daily movement and ultimately promote their physical activity. The campaign aims to especially reach sedentary students who aren’t interested in goal-oriented exercise and sports. A secondary target group are teachers and other staff of the higher education institutions.
The campaign is organized by the Student Union of Metropolia University of Applied Sciences (METKA). Besides METKA, there are several organizations in the higher education sector that participate in the implementation of the campaign:
- Aalto University
- Aalto University Student Union AYY
- Haaga-Helia University of Applied Sciences
- The Student Union of Haaga-Helia UAS Helga
- Hanken School of Economics
- University of Helsinki
- The Student Union of the University of Helsinki HYY
- The Student Union of Laurea UAS Laureamko
- Metropolia University of Applied Sciences
- Metropolia University of Applied Sciences’ HyMy-Village
- The Finnish Student Sports Federation (OLL)
- The Student Union of Hanken School of Economics (SHS)
- Uniarts Helsinki
- Finnish Student Health Service SFHS
- ZONE - Universities of Applied Sciences Sport Services
The messages highlight that an active lifestyle doesn’t have to include intense exercising but rather small acts of everyday life that enhance well-being and study ability significantly. The campaign is mainly executed by digital communication on social media platforms.
The core of the campaign consists of main publications that all the collaborators publish on their own channels in ways that are appropriate for their communication strategies. There is also more continuous and more informal communication on METKA’s communication channels. Moreover, the campaign will take place on the Metropolia UAS campuses as physical communication materials and different events as long as the Covid-19 restrictions allow it.